Sound Designer, On- Air Promotions
The Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc. (MBN) is seeking a Sound Designer for our On-Air Promotions team at our Headquarters office in Springfield, VA. MBN is a non-profit grantee of the federal government that directly communicates with the people of the Middle East and North Africa through television, radio, and digital media. MBN's mission is to provide objective, accurate, and relevant news and information to the people of the Middle East about the region, the world, and the United States in support of U.S. public diplomacy.
The Sound Designer is to produce high-end audio creative solutions that support TV promotions, Channel Idents, special packages and other media and video products.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Sound Designer include, but are not limited to:
Providing creative audio and sound solutions to various video and media products.
Creating and adding sound effect, Mix, level, balance, mastering and finalizing all the audio requirements for MBN’s creative solutions and special packages.
Supervising recording voice overs and direct voice over talents when required.
Composing special Sonics and music signatures.
Maintaining a music and sound effects library and track usage right.
Maintaining MBN’s audio identity.
Working with various departments to improve the quality of audio output.
Candidates are are required to have:
- Degree in music or audio.
- 4+ years of experience in a music and audio production environment.
- Excellent skills in Protool and Adobe Audition.
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking in story-telling through the use of music, sound effects and direction/ performance of voice over.
- Ability to be detail oriented, exceptionally well organized and highly self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to read, speak and understand Classical Arabic at a professional level.
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines in a news environment
- Ability to be a team player and problem solver.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule to support 24/7 news environment.
MBN is an equal oppo