APPLYJob ID 201681Date posted 12/01/2017
PSAV is a top international provider of professional event technology services, and stands on a 75-year record of success and growth. We strive to deliver flawless execution with a hospitality approach, for all event technology services. Our mission is to turn ordinary meetings into extraordinary events.
Assist the Director of Event Technology, Director of Sales or Senior Sales Manager with selling event technology equipment and services and capturing business at a hotel location.
Key Job Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Manager, secures the maximum amount of revenue and negotiates directly with clients on costs to ensure business is not lost due to pricing. Develop and enhance relationships with Hotel sales and convention services employees. Communicate by telephone and written correspondence to determine clients’ needs. Review final billing with client and obtains approval on all event technology charges. Develop and maintain long-term relationships with VIP and repeat clients. Follow up with clients through thank-you letters and post-event service evaluations. May solicit new business.
Use customized meeting diagrams, billing system and marketing materials to create and deliver sales presentations detailing equipment, services and labor estimates. Assist Director with forecasting revenue and capture rate reporting. Establish and maintain sales file to track all future bookings. Attend all onsite inspections and pre-event and post-event meetings. Complete all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years of sales or operation experience in hospitality, event planning and/or live show environment
- Proficiency with the use of computer hardware
- Proficiency with computer software and programs, including the Internet and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of audio visual equipment in a live show environment