- Sell and organize parties and special events by market segment as determined and assigned by the Director of Sales. To achieve a minimum of annual team revenue goals, and to provide direct support to the Director of Sales. Accountability for the success of the Special Events department in conjunction with the Director of Sales.
I. Financial Performance of Department(s)
- Assist DOS in creating sales plans for each market segment; Convention,
- Association, Incentive, Tour &Travel, Social, Local, Corporate; SMERF, DMC, etc.
- Aggressively ensure that revenue is generated in accordance with sales quotas established by DOS and track revenues per market segment, per month, per quarter, per manager.
II. Essential Functions
- Ensuring optimal perception of House of Blues New Orleans within the community as well as within professional organizations.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with Visitor & Convention Bureaus, professional organizations, local chambers of commerce, local hotels and vendors.
- Maintain Live Nation Standards for policies and procedures as outlined in the Code of Conduct and Employee Handbook.
- Assist the DOS in providing a positive and creative team environment within the department(s).
- Assist with the training of incoming Sales Managers and/or Sales Coordinators working within the venue Special Event department and serve as their mentor.
- Supervise Interns through Live Nation Intern program including promoting, recruiting, creating and monitoring their project lists, tracking their progress, providing reports to the schools, etc.
- With DOS, ensure and monitor that all required reports (SEO’s, monthly calendar, contacts made, forecasting, trackers, financial rectification, ROME flashes, initiatives, etc) are fulfilled and distributed in a timely manner for proper planning.
- Understanding of all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations, to smoothly ensure maximum guest satisfaction and operational communication.
- To serve as an advisor to staff members on logistical arrangements, recommend and monitor new business opportunities, develop professional and personal goals of the staff maximizing productivity and stimulating growth, both internally and externally.
- Develop a complete, comprehensive targeted list of companies/organizations within assigned categories.
- Cold call new, potential clients.
- Generation of proposals.
- Contract negotiations.
- Supply requisitions.
- Client relations.
- Maintain and communicate applicable event information on promotional talent calendar.
- Generation of Special Events Orders.
- Generation of contracts.
- Post event correspondence.
- File maintenance (Caterease and Rome).
- Build and maintain client database (from internal and external sources): convention business, tour operators, meeting planners, party planners, corporate, social, concierges, non-profit, fundraisers, DMC’s, etc.
- Complete working knowledge and expertise in use of Caterease, Cendyn, Exact Target, Rome, Hoovers, etc.
- Management of software programs affiliated with the department; Caterease, Cendyn, Exact Target, Rome, Hoovers, etc.
- Ensure proper execution of all Special Events with the Operational teams and outsources suppliers.
- Complete understanding of competitive set as well as key points to sell against such venues.
- Solicit new and existing clients to meet / exceed budgetary sales expectations.
- Attends tradeshows, networking events, sales blitzes and other off-site sales efforts at the direction of the Director of Sales.
- Create internal/external promotional programs and track results.
- Implement strategic monthly sales plan, SMART plan, annual goals, competitive analysis and other reports requested / required.
- Develop sales strategy for defined market segments, industries & conventions
- Build and maintain client database(s) in Caterease & Exact Target.
- Actively solicit business through local civic and business organizations (Convention Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, MPI, HSMAI, ISES, PCMA etc.).
- Assist in development of sales collateral material.
- Assist in updating of venue sales website, on-line venue listings and assigned social media applications.
- Geographically determine and participate in marketing the venue to trade shows, both locally and nationally.
- (State or County Licensee or Certification Requirement)/ Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
- Working Knowledge of local and regional markets, special event and concert operations, computers (Windows environment, spreadsheet, databases, word processing), and guest relations.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, organizational concepts, financial knowledge, and team building.
- Ability to delegate, follow up, relate to staff and guests / clients in a positive effective manner.
- High school diploma required.
- Three to five years sales experience in the hospitality industry.
- Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
- Bachelor’s Degree
Physical Work Demands:
- Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with considerable noise and interruptions. Must be able to change activity frequently.
- Physical activities include walking, talking, seeing, hearing, pushing, balancing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, handling. Must be able to grasp and hold very small objects.
- Ability to walk and stand for long period of time.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds.
- Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends).
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Live Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.