We are a boutique literary agency located in Raleigh, NC. We are producing a podcast to launch in January 2017, that will cover the craft of writing, the business of getting published, books and authors. Our staff is remote, so a couple times a year we come together and will knock out as many podcasts in a weekend as possible. We're looking for a sound engineer/producer to facilitate our plans.
You don't have to love writing and books, but it would be helpful. We're a fun, laid back crowd with diverse interests so you should work well with others, be good at your job and have a great sense of humor No history of violence in the sandbox! None of us have any expertise with podcasts, so you should know your way around a mixer and his and her cables. You'll be required to set-up the equipment (provided) and do whatever it takes to create a professional, successful recording session and finished product.
You won't need to come up with ideas for shows or write scripts, however your stylistic opinions are welcome.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate, maintain, prep and monitor the control room for podcast recording sessions
- Work closely with the producers of each show to give direction on pre-production
- Maintain exceptional sound quality at all times
- Post-production engineering and sound mixing, mastering of all shows and promos
- Engineer interviews and recordings (in-studio and in the field)
- Maintain clear communication with team
- Prepare and upload audio for digital distribution
- Maintain and manage audio archive for the show
- Provide other audio related assistance as needed.
- Prep and monitor equipment essential for live and podcast recording sessions.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed, including some evenings and weekends
- Editing audio for segments as needed
- Directing host performance and overall talent management
- Managing workflow and production for a small podcast staff
- Thinking creatively about sound and how it can be used to augment content
Qualifications and Skills
- 2-3 years of experience creating high-quality audio content for a publisher, radio station, podcast, or news outlet
- Proficiency in digital audio production and editing software
- Familiarity with digital audio content distribution methods, technologies, and platforms
- Ability to think on your feet and creatively problem solve
This position will receive 20.00 - 25.00 per podcast. We plan to produce 12-16 podcasts as part of our first assignment. This is a part-time, contract, per-project assignment. We have a full slate of podcasts planned for 2017, so there is opportunity to grow with our team in this position!
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Audio Engineering: 3 years
- Podcast Production: 3 years