*This position is located in Ada Oklahoma.
The Chickasaw Nation
Job Title: Producer
General Definition: The Producer is responsible for producing department video projects. The Producer works closely with the manager and assigned production team to ensure projects are within approved guidelines. The Producer, with guidance from the manager, will be responsible for ensuring deadlines and the concept of the project are met from pre-production to post-production of video projects assigned.
Supervision Received: Manager
Supervision Exercised: None
Example of Duties:
- Assure conformity with all governing laws and policies as directed by manager.
- Project an image of professionalism in all aspects, and conduct all business efficiently and expediently.
- Produces video projects for Chickasaw Multimedia.
- Maintains contact and good relations with studio personnel and outside clients.
- Oversees the full video production process within assigned projects.
- Performs editing and footage selection for assigned projects and works closely with video editor on final piece.
- Suggests music selections and works with audio supervisor on final piece.
- Develops good relationships with subject experts and creates interview questions for subject expert interviews.
- Conducts pre-screening interviews before schedule shoots.
- Conducts interviews on video shoots and makes sure subject experts are comfortable and needs met.
- Works with subject experts to gather research materials, photos, etc. that support assigned video projects.
- Schedules interviews, reenactments and b-roll shoots as needed.
- Oversees and provides scheduling for entire location shoots.
- Manages talent scouting for department projects.
- Works with talent on needs for projects.
- Manages all paperwork associated with video projects assigned – budget approvals, location approvals, location contracts, talent approval, talent contracts, equipment rentals, sign in sheets and release forms.
- Directs the scriptwriter in the scripting process and provides needed materials to obtain the best possible story.
- Transcribes interviews as needed and provides to scriptwriter for storyline.
- Determines the most efficient and economical sequence to shoot scenes and sequences in.
- Conducts live-event producing for Hall of Fame and Annual Meeting as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Ability to work under pressure. Ability to work well with all levels of staff and the general public. Knowledge of multimedia production gear, function and assembly. Must have a thorough knowledge of the entire production process. Must have ability to produce full documentaries and historical video projects.
Training and Experience: Must have bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Film, Video Production or related field. Must have at least seven years on-the-job experience in the video production environment in a producing role. Three years of training on Premiere, Avid or Final Cut Pro editing software and a general knowledge of overall video production elements required.
Licenses and Certificates: Background check and valid Oklahoma driver’s license
*Native American Hiring Preference.
*To unsure you are considered for this position, please submit your application at http://www.chickasaw.net/Careers using the job ID: 46516.
Job Type: Full-time
- Video Production: 7 years