The audio engineer works part time facilitating the audio technical and recording needs at his/her assigned B2R location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following but the individual will also be expected to perform all the duties necessary which are customarily performed by a person holding this position. Other duties may be assigned.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Coordinate the setup and breakdown and recording of birthday parties
- Coordinate the setup and breakdown of live events and concerts
- Record clients which can consist of solo artists and large bands
- Compose original music for clients
- Teach digital technology ProTools and music sequencing
- Properly store all equipment - microphones, cables, DI boxes, etc.
- Properly manage all audio recordings and hard drives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Work Experience and/or Licensure
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of Pro Tools
- Proficiency in at least one musical instrument
- Advanced knowledge of music concepts
- Must demonstrate the ability to run sound equipment
- Must have experience with producing music
- Ability to understand microphone placement and function.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients
- Effective time management and organizational skills to manage a productive and timely recording session
- Ability to work effectively with B2R staff and management
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Adaptable to changes in the workplace
- Ability to be physically present at the facility during its hours of operation
- Ability to pass a background check
- Degree in music or music production is preferred; those who are currently enrolled in a music or music production degree program will also be considered
- Experience in the subject area and or professional experience may be substituted for degree or licensure
- Must be proficient in English speaking and writing skills
The physical demands listed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his/her job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, travel up and down stairs, crouch, stoop and reach.
- Ability to must be able to lift and move the equipment typically associated with B2R’s day-to-day operation, e.g., amplifiers, keyboards, recording equipment, light furniture.
The work environment characteristics listed here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Under the ADA, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by an individual assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. Bach to Rock reserves the right to modify this job description in its sole discretion.
- Basic office environment
- Recording Studio and Control Room
Bach to Rock offers the opportunity to work a flexible part time schedule in a fun environment with other like-minded musicians. We handle the marketing, scheduling, booking, billing and other business aspects of the lessons, & group classes so that you can focus on recording and teaching.
B2R offers an hourly rate that is based on education, experience, expertise, and availability. We offer a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match to all eligible regular employees.
This Bach to Rock is locally owned and operated by Palmetto Moon Music, LLC. Palmetto Moon Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer.