Reports to: Director of Production
Date Open: August 2, 2017
The Peace Center, downtown Greenville’s premier performing arts venue, is currently seeking qualified applicants for an excellent opportunity as Part-time Production Technician. This is a hands-on position that assists in video, audio, and lighting related to shows and events at the Peace Center.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Run front house and monitor consoles as assigned
- Run lighting console as assigned
- Assist with installing and operating audio visual equipment in all venues
- Assist with work calls, rehearsals, and shows including, but not limited to, audio set-up, light hang & focus, set-up and strike risers, orchestra equipment, soft goods, pit seats, scenery, dance floor, orchestra shell, and loading and unloading trucks
- Maintain a safe working environment for all performance and support areas ensuring that all building, electrical, and fire codes are adhered to and Peace Center safety procedures and OSHA regulations are followed
- Other duties as assigned and deemed necessary to the position
- Must have theatre experience or experience in related field
- Must have 2+ years’ experience running consoles
- Available to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned
- Ability to operate a forklift; certification a plus
- Ability to use a variety of industry standard tools, materials, and equipment to complete assigned projects
- Able to lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time.
- Excellent manual dexterity
If you meet the qualifications stated above and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume to:
The Peace Center
101 W. Broad Street
Greenville, SC 29601