Kiawah Island Community Association (KICA) is searching for a friendly, efficient Computer Support Technician to perform installations, configurations, maintenance, inventory, and troubleshooting of I.T. equipment. This position will start part-time with the ability to move to full-time. Schedule and hours are flexible and will be discussed during the interview process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to user requests for service and determines nature and extent of support needed. Provides support or refers to the appropriate staff member.
- Assist in the installs, configurations, maintenance, inventory, and troubleshooting of I.T. equipment throughout the KICA operations. Assists in the upgrade of hardware/software as needed.
- As the help desk services staff, responds to software problem calls on site, remotely, or over the phone for users.
- Willing to learn new technologies and work to improve existing technology operations.
- Assist in the training of users in startup and basic use of software programs utilized by KICA at all locations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of a wide variety of commonly used hardware and software.
- Assist the coordination of departmental purchases of application software and provide license tracking on all centrally purchased, multi-user software products. Perform other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position.
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, and accessory equipment.
- Knowledge of how to assemble and disassemble personal computer components, including video cards, cabling and other types of hardware.
- Experience with audio and video configurations including online streaming and laptop/projector setups.
- Willing to learn new technologies and work with the IT team to provide input on improvements to existing systems.
- Strong communication and training skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Windows 7/10 and other systems including Wi-Fi, point of sale, printing, data backup, phones, and more.
- Completed or currently enrolled in a 2 year technical program or equivalent.
- Current Driver’s License plus dependable transportation required.
- Applicants must pass a pre-employment substance screening and background check.
Kiawah Island Community Association, 23 Beachwalker Drive, Kiawah Island, SC 29455
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $13.00 /hour