Technical Specialist - Audio Visual Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center
APPLYJob ID 202552Date posted 01/31/2018
PSAV is a top international provider of professional event technology services, and stands on a 75-year record of success and growth. We strive to deliver flawless execution with a hospitality approach, for all event technology services. Our mission is to turn ordinary meetings into extraordinary events.
Technical Specialist Position Overview
Responsible for the set up and operation of small to large-scale audiovisual systems with a focus on audio, video, computer, lighting, or rigging for live events while ensuring the utmost in client satisfaction.
Key Job Responsibilities
Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of advanced audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
Provides excellent service and strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers. Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication. Provides estimation of labor costs. Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
Creates an atmosphere that fosters the development of technical and leadership skills in other employees. Coordinates on-the-job training for technicians and lead technicians to develop technical skills in specialty areas.
Performs advanced work with Project Managers. Supervises and directs other technicians during an event.
Assists team with proper security, storage, transportation, and maintenance of equipment. Performs inventory and forecasting of equipment needs.
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of field experience in specialty area is preferred.
- 3+ years of customer service or hospitality experience is preferred.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with a diverse work force, customer base and senior level management.
- Experience with project management of multiple tasks/initiatives.
- Ability to lead without authority.
- Strong customer, client and coworker interface experience and abilities.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required for team members in positions that may operate Company vehicles.
Required Experience :
Working knowledge of the following equipment and proficiency with equipment in one specialty is required:
Team members will be in contact with high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may work in multiple hotel locations. Working times include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines (hair length, facial hair and attire) as defined by PSAV based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.