Vimala, LLC is looking for a talented video editor to assemble footage into finished videos for the company's projects.
As a video editor you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story that's captivating and engaging.
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the video
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with producers from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Premiere, After Effects and Adobe Creative Suite)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
FT salary plus medical, dental, vision and paid vacation.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Video Editing: 3 years
- Nashville, TN