Manager, Label Administration
- Job ID
- # Positions
- A&R - Administration
The Business Affairs department at Provident Music Group is looking for an experienced Manager, Label Administration to manage the recording processes with producers for all our Label recording projects. In addition, this person would create and manage our product information and product assts.
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America. Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
- Serve at liaison between producer and/or mixers and Label to insure all components are received per delivery requirements; verify quality of components; order final masters and forward to A&R for approval and to Production in preparation for release.
- Collect label copy, lyrics and liner credits; generate packaging copy for Creative Services to be used in design for physical, digital and promotional product; generate and distribute White Sheets.
- Track budget versus actual costs; provide reports as requested to internal staff and external parties (e.g producers). Collect recording budgets from producers/assistants, determining valid session costs and process for payment; serve as liaison between session vendors and Accounts Payable. Analyze payment data as requested by supervisor. Manage union time cards and liability payments.
- Compile recording project timelines by gathering data from various sources; prepare / update / distribute producer packet of Label’s policies, procedures and delivery requirements.
- Collect/verify /vault audio and video masters for long term preservation.
- Serve as primary person for recording asset and contract information entry/setup into corporate systems for ingestion of audio and video assets for physical and digital product releases, tracking and payment of recoupable costs, advances and royalties.
- Serve as backup for all functions within Business Affairs
- Experience managing recording budgets, costs and reporting generally gained through 2 years of bookkeeping
- Working knowledge in contractual delivery and extensive data management, including some asset management, generally gained through 3 years of pre-production experience
- Thorough understanding of recording process and related Label operations
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including proficiencies in MS Office applications
- Knowledge in and experience with database applications
- Knowledge in and experience with the following systems: corporate contract tracking and management system (CARMA), corporate systems for label copy (GRAS), corporate systems for ingestion of audio and video assets for product releases (AOMA), corporate systems for royalties (EROS), and local corporate systems for Production and Business Affairs (CounterPoint, CIS.PUB).
Provident Music Group is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment. Provident employees work in an attractive corporate environment in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee, and receive outstanding benefits including medical/dental/life/disability insurance, 401(k) match, AND 28 paid days off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
No relocation expenses will be paid.
Look carefully at the qualifications listed above and use your cover letter to convince us you are the perfect person for this job!
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter.