The Video Editor is expected to deliver timely and original content for all of our TV ads and video efforts. Candidates with polished skills that have solid experience handling all things video including producing, editing, shooting, and motion graphics. Ability to move quickly to meet deadlines is extremely important.
- Create new TV commercials from conceptualization, scripting, filming, and editing. Most of the time you will be given direction but will be responsible for overall execution. Types of videos could include newscast style, interviews, how-to’s, product demo and animation.
- Self-manage a single camera shoot or a multi-crew production.
- Edit video (add transitions, titles, graphics, music, color correct).
- Edit video from our clients/staff to be used stand-alone videos or as editorial content (i.e. interviews from shows, how-to content).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience:
- Possesses a hunger to create the best possible work.
- Proven understanding of best practices and tools used in video production and asset management.
- Strong motion graphics and title design expertise with an acute eye for detail.
- Minimum 3+ years of professional editing experience in Premiere Pro (or Final Cut Pro), After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Strong visual skills, including an eye for good lighting, shot composition, and use of color.
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress and expected milestones.
- Strong ability to script, storyboard, and plan shot sequences.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude with minimal aversion to change
- Ability to meet regular deadlines and excellent time management skills
- Strong understanding of graphic design, color correction, audio mixing, and cutting music.
- Please provide a digital portfolio of relevant work
- Must be able to lift, carry, relocate and travel with video equipment (up to 30 lbs.)
- Must have reliable transportation.
- 3+ years experience in video/film production as editor, along with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and After Effects
- Knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs and their proper handling in a post workflow
- Strong creative eye and extreme attention to detail
- Can receive creative direction and work independently to see to it the desired vision and story are brought successfully to fruition
- Must take feedback openly with a positive attitude and in a productive fashion, while also being willing and able to provide creative solutions
- Adept at organizing projects, managing workload for multiple projects and meeting deadlines
- Must provide comprehensive reel of work for review
- Culture is very important. We're looking for a team player. Someone that's flexible, likes to be social, that places importance on personal growth as well as professional growth.
- If you are out of state must be willing relocate quickly.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Weekly Payroll
- Relaxed work atmosphere.
Job Type: Full-time
- Video Production: 1 year
- Videography: 1 year
- Video Editing: 1 year