Kingdom Sound Boutique Sound Services in Austin, TX is looking for a Recording / Live Sound Engineer intern with an understanding of Pro Tools. Looking for someone with organizational skills and a willingness to learn. Must be detail oriented, humble and with a positive attitude.
Internships can be used for school credit.
- Must have own transportation for out of studio gigs
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Excellent Time Management and organizational skills
- Some educational training in audio engineering
- Be proficient in Pro Tools- Know basic signal flow.
- Studio etiquette.
- Must be able to commit at least 15-20 hours per week. ( 2-3 days a week )
- Must be able to work weekends.
Not require, but plus:
- Musician- Music theory knowledge
- Proficient in other DAW's
- Ability to be called in on short notice
- Completing tasks efficiently and on time
- Maintaining a positive attitude and approach to tasks
- Assisting in setup and tear-down of recording sessions
- Assisting in Live Sound events
- Assisting in startup arrangement with tech
- Awareness of simple audio problems
- Diagnosis of noises and hums
- Testing level differences and “out of phase” connections
- Ability to explain problems in detail on a Trouble Report
- Skills in changing out equipment, outboard gear, amplifiers, etc.
- Basic maintenance, dusting and cleaning gear
Developing audio engineering skills; Interns will be given the opportunity to record and/or mix projects and develop their skills as an audio engineer
Job Type: Internship