The Radio One story began simply with a dream and one radio station. Thirty-five years, 16 markets, and 50+ stations later, we are an urban media empire, spanning multiple media platforms.
We are in your ears with Reach Media/Radio One, on your televisions with TV One, and may even be the name behind your favorite website, with our digital platform Interactive One.
Information is power, and our mission here at Radio One, Inc. is simple – to be the most trusted media source in the African-American community.
At Radio One, we pride ourselves on hiring people who are dedicated and continue to challenge the norm, while embracing a corporate culture built on creativity and passion. We are our employees’ biggest fans, and it is our daily mission to attract, develop, and retain the brightest stars in the business.
Radio One is currently looking for a Part-Time Mixer to join our team! A Mixer performs activities in the radio studio and control room to ensure technical quality of sound for programs originating in the studio, syndications, and/or from remote pickup points.
Responsible for the successful execution of all programming elements that include the following:
- Airing live and pre-recorded shows
- All commercials and promos as scheduled
- Completing traffic log and logging discrepancies
- Airing emergency alert system tests as indicated
- Engineering remote broadcasts and following station procedures.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Six months of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledgeable in all current music, and able to operate computers and lighting equipment.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends and holidays.