From the brand that rocks the world, a career that rocks yours
POSITION: Events & Promotions Coordinator
The incumbent in this position is responsible for planning, implementing, and overseeing promotional activities to ensure that events, programs and services are consistent with the company's marketing goals.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Develops, plans, and implements short and long-term promotional programs in order to support Marketing's objective to develop a proper client mix.
2. Assesses the effectiveness and profitability of promotional programs; modifies and refines programs as necessary to achieve departmental goals.
3. Oversees general operation of promotions to ensure successful execution of programs.
4. Establishes and maintains working relationship with other departments in order to secure cooperation for assistance with promotions.
5. Evaluate event needs, conduct research, and makes recommendations in order to assist in establishing requirements for gaming, banquet, and convention space needs.
6. Maintain communication with vendors in order to ensure that signed contracts, payments, timelines, and any other pertinent information is received and handled in a timely manner.
7. Assist Casino Marketing Executives and Entertainment contacts with any problems or special requests to ensure the best personal service to meet their needs.
8. Produce menu and event proposals based on the specific needs of the Casino Marketing Executives in order to ensure the profitability of each event.
9. Actively participates in meetings, events, and related activities on behalf of Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe.
10. Coordinate tournaments, host parties, and various property wide functions for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe. Ensures proper events, and entertainment including set-up, event registration, gift distribution, and prize management.
11. Establish Casino ticket blocks for all property events. Monitor ticket blocks, conduct ticket releases to Box Office, and handle event ticketing and distribution.
12. Maintains the casino special event calendar by updating weekly ticket pace, event details and distributes as directed. Drafts event fact sheet, welcome letters and communicates event details in a timely matter to the marketing team.
13. Develop tournament rules, formats, prize structures and drawings which best accommodate our players and ensure profitability for the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe.
WORKING CONDITIONS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees as well as outside contacts.
Ability to review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
This knowledge and these abilities are typically acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent education as well as a minimum of three years of experience in casino marketing, gaming events, catering management, or similar capacity.
Broad understanding of special event planning and execution required.
Knowledge of casino industry preferred.
Must possess excellent time management and communication skills.
Knowledge of food and beverage outlets and hotel amenities preferred.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management.
The Hard Rock Casino Lake Tahoe-- System of Internal Control
Everyone has a part in the internal control system at Hard Rock Casino. The roles vary depending upon what level of responsibility and the nature of involvement by the individual. Hard Rock Casino’ system of internal control integrates the activities, plans, attitudes, policies, skills and efforts of its associates working together to provide reasonable assurance that Hard Rock Casino will achieve its objectives and mission. Each Team Member is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of Hard Rock Casino
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent