It is the primary responsibility of the Corporate Entertainment Marketing and Sponsorship team to deliver unique, memorable and world class entertainment experiences to our guests, employees and partners, while delivering consistent, innovative and efficient operations. The manager is responsible for execution and fulfillment of each live venue event. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and MGM Resorts International policies and procedures and legal requirements. At all times, must ensure the goals and interest of the department, division and all MGM Resorts International properties (individually and collectively) are upheld and preserved.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Manages the implementation of marketing plans for (but not limited to) the MGM Resorts owned WNBA team and hosted events including, but not limited to, branding, sales collateral, website, venue app, digital and social media assets.
- Manages comprehensive strategy for event marketing, including budgeting, calendar planning, communication, agency execution, evaluation, optimization, etc.
- Collaborates with key corporate marketing teams for event execution – social, PR, graphic design, etc.
- Collaborates with WNBA league, as needed, to develop marketing strategy for each event (media, digital, social PR, etc.) to leverage the size and scale of the entertainment organization to cross sell and promote multiple events and programs effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures flawless execution of announcement communication – on-sale, pre-sale, ticketing links.
- Partners internally with the property(ies) for relevant areas of marketing.
- Executes continuous process improvement projects and strategic plan.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Entertainment Marketing Specialist
- Entertainment Marketing Coordinator
- Four (4) years of experience in sports marketing, brand marketing, event marketing, digital marketing, advertising and/or agency experience
- One (1) years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent education and experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Experience in brand management, marketing strategy or agency experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal, written and public relations skills
- Ability to work in large groups
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts
- Effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms
- Proficient knowledge of computers, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook
- Effectively interact and communicate with all levels of management, promoters, suppliers, guests and visitors
- Build strong working relationships with local fire and police departments and other government entities
- Lead and mentor a team.
- Multi-task and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: 5 Days Hours: 8 Hours
- Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.