Corporate Office - MGM Resorts Intl Events
As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the primary responsibility of the Event Producerr to design, sell, and produce special events for corporate, social and/or in-house clients, incorporating innovative design and technical solutions. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and MGM Resorts policies, practices and procedures.
- Develop creative solutions for client event requests from concept to completion as assigned.
- Ensure that designs meet property and client expectations, are within budget and deadlines are met.
- Foster relationships with property Catering, AV, Convention Sales and Services departments.
- Conduct sales calls and meet with clients to drive revenue for the department and company.
- Attend planning meetings and interface with internal departments, clients and properties to resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain a global understanding of property meeting space, outlet, and venue capabilities for event opportunities.
- Promote best practices: provide ideas to improve sales strategies and operations.
- Mentor, coach and train employees on event design and sales techniques.
- Liaise with existing clients to ensure repeat business.
- Communicate project status, timelines and delivery information to clients and internal teams.
- Cultivate a creative and collaborative environment to inspire design and build cohesive teams within the department, division and properties
- Participate in studio tours, client site inspections, FAM trips to promote MREP business.
- Assist with event installations as needed. Participate in critique and final walkthrough with client.
- Review outgoing event bays, pick lists, and orders to ensure that operations teams understand the event scope.
- Complete all required paperwork in detail: proposals, cost sheets, contracts, quotes, change forms, floral demonstrations, tear down notes, recaps etc.
- Stay current in design trends, entertainment, production, vendor products, and new industry technologies
- Ensure that databases are updated with status and client follow-up is timely.
- Become fluent in MREP inventory.
- Be an active MREP ambassador for the company and within the events and production industry.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- At least 5 years in special event, production, entertainment, catering or hospitality industry including at least 3 years in sales.
- At least 3 years supervisory experience.
- Ability to work with large groups, DMCs or Incentive Sales Organizations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient knowledge of computers, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Two or four year degree in design, fine art, theatrical or related industry
- Background in entertainment management or technical production
- Industry certification (e.g. CMP, CSEP, DMCP)
- Proficient in Power Point or Keynote, hotel programs i.e. Delphi, Meeting Matrix or Social Tables
- Previous experience working in a similar setting.