Ensures television operations are effective and efficient by supporting spot and program production, master control, scheduling, and traffic management for Consolidated Local Origination (CLO) channels. Responsible for processing programming content to be inserted on digital playback equipment and monitoring on air programming for needed deletions or additions to ensure precision timing of aired material as prescribed in the daily program log.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
* Maximizes and increases television operations efficiencies by coordinating program schedules, equipment maintenance and repair, and truck operations.
* Creates traffic logs and collaborates with other master control operators.
* Ensures safety procedures are followed and supervises set to adhere to workplace safety standards.
* Coordinates compliance with syndicated black-out restrictions, retransmission content agreements and non-carry requirements.
* Manages program logs for playback and insertion of exact air times for programs, commercial spots and public service announcements, etc.
* Prepares daily discrepancy reports, i.e. records equipment failure, technical errors, and/or deviations from prescribed program log.
* Records programming off satellite or fiber feeds while maintaining the highest quality on-air look.
* Maintains proper audio/video levels and air signals during on-air operations and local advertising.
* Makes necessary adjustments to pre-roll times, audio and video levels or other technical adjustments with regards to the playback equipment to maintain exceptional on air quality.
* Performs regular maintenance and/or troubleshooting of the control room systems and assists with repairs and maintenance of all related playback monitoring equipment.
* Performs diagnostic evaluations and communicates equipment failures and technical errors to leader and equipment vendors to resolve technical issues.
* Participates in the development and coordination of the fulfillment of sponsor elements including but not limited to spots, billboards, and other CLO platforms.
* Encodes On Demand segments including for Cox and external clients.
* Performs preventative maintenance of tape decks and other equipment on a routine basis.
* Trains and/or mentors less experienced team members.
* Works holidays, weekends, early morning and/or evening shifts as required.
* 2 or more year of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Television Operations)
* Requires strong knowledge of master control equipment and processes; spot trafficing/insertion; MS Office applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
* Excellent multi-tasking, time management, organization, detail oriented, interpersonal, verbal, written, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
* BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
* Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Phoenix-17602 N Black Canyon Hwy
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing