Collection Specialistat Fender (View all jobs)
We’re looking for an extremely detailed and pro-active Collection Specialist. You would be joining our Credit and Collections team located in Scottsdale, AZ, headquarters for Fender Musical Instruments Corporation ("FMIC"). The goal of the Credit department at FMIC is successful accounts receivable collections within a dynamic environment, providing the highest level of Credit and Collections services in a friendly and professional manner.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument; it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
The Collection Specialist will focus on collections of accounts receivable for high-profile, high-dollar and high volume Mass Merchant and National Accounts. Frequent account reconciliation, dispute management and chargeback analysis requires attention to detail and organizational skills. Daily tasks consist of adjustments to accounts as needed, writing up credit memos when applicable, researching disputed items, short pays and miscellaneous deductions on accounts. File claims within a designated time frame and follow up on a regular basis until resolved. Proactive monitoring of all invoices submitted for payment to ensure timely remittance. Work closely with customer service, operations and warehouse staff, as well as management when necessary.
About the Role:
- Monitor and Collect on past due National and key accounts
- Reconciliations as needed, researching short pays and disputed items, file claims with customers as necessary
- Assist with Credits/Debits and Adjustments
- Research and special projects as assigned
- Acts in compliance with company goals, policies, and procedures as they pertain to collection, DSO and bad debt goals and objectives
- Orchestrate order release and approves shipments (to the extent delegated by the Credit Manager)
- Execute a comprehensive collection strategy of oral and written communication with customers who are past due
- Communicate with the National accounts Sales, Customer support and Warehouse teams on disputed items
- Resolve large volumes of shortages and compliance chargebacks, request proof of delivery
What you need:
- Three to five years experience in a similar position
- Previous collections experience with large scale National Accounts a plus
- General accounting knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Intermediate/Advance Excel skills required
- SAP business software experience a plus
- Good organization skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working in a team environment
- A minimum of a high school diploma; Associates degree preferred.
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Since 1946, Fender has revolutionized music and culture as one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC), whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch® guitars, Jackson®, EVH® and Charvel®, follows a player-centric approach to crafting the highest quality instruments and musical solutions across genres. FMIC is dedicated to unlocking the power of music through electric and acoustic guitars, amplifiers, pro audio, accessories and digital products that inspire and enable musical expression at every stage, from beginners to history-making legends.