Events managers are in charge of shaping, planning and executing some of Google's highest profile events nationwide. As a member of the team, you work closely with the B2B and B2C Marketing teams to manage strategic programs, find creative solutions to projects and help connect users and clients to our products and technologies. You oversee all aspects of event management and production from content and program development, design, AV production, vendor management, logistics, invitations, sponsorships, promotions and more. Not only do you help conceptualize and produce events, but you also come full circle to use your analytical skills to conduct post-event reporting and ROI analysis to measure your programs for effectiveness. Your organizational skills, project management skills and creative flair all find their place in this role.
In this role as Live Show Producer, you will partner with creative and content teams to produce some of Google’s highest profile live events and experiences. You will be responsible for running some of Google and YouTube’s largest keynote/general sessions/live shows. You will have a passion and desire to do things that haven’t been done before; to do brave and innovative work.
As a Live Event Producer, you will be accountable for the overall production of the show. You will be the main liaison between the creative director, the content producer and the technical director both in pre-production and onsite. You are an out-of-the-box thinker and effective communicator who thrives in a fast paced environment. You must have a flexible schedule and willingness to travel.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google's products solve the world's problems--from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can--changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Be responsible for bringing the event to life through on-screen content/graphic, video and live performance. Be responsible for talent management.
- Support all aspects of technical and artistic production. Manage all show developments from inception to final wrap-up of the project.
- Create a master production schedule and rehearsal schedule in conjunction with the project owner, and work with producers/project managers to develop budgets and timelines.
- Serve as a liaison between external production agencies, internal content team and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure everyone has a clear job description and is able to do their job effectively. Attend all production meetings and rehearsals, and provide support wherever needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 6 years of experience in a similar role, producing live events/shows.
- Experience in producing large scale live events.
- Background in creative visual storytelling and experience with live show and video production, with a passionate for brands, stories, ideas, events, theatre, environments and live/physical design.
- Experience either on the agency side producing large scale events or background in theatre production.
- Strong leadership and executive presence and experience interfacing with and influencing senior leaders.
- Ability to motivate and encourage others towards a common goal.
- Self-motivated and articulate. Demonstrated and exceptional communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.