|EMILY GRIFFITH TECHNICAL COLLEGE
Starting Rate: $51,829
To create video content by developing an idea or concept into a finished product. These videos will be used for promotional use by Emily Griffith Technical College PR/Marketing and educational use on DPStv22 and the web. Videos will also be used for distance learning/staff development purposes as well. The Video Production Specialist will play the role of videographer, director, editor, producer, tech director, audio engineer, video engineer, and programmer for channel 22. The Video Production Specialist will serve as staff person in charge when Station Manager is not available. Works with interns, video production students from EGTC, and DPS high school students to create informative and creative videos, share your knowledge of video production to the students. Be an integral part of a creative team at DPStv22, EGTC PR/Marketing and distance learning initiatives at Emily Griffith Technical College.
· Work under the direction of the studio manager, either alone or as part of a production team, to complete project on a deadline.
· Familiarity with encoding video for various platforms.
· Successful candidate will have some level of competency in each of these production positions or desire to learn and take training as necessary. (Videographer, director, editor, producer, tech director, audio engineer, video engineer, and traffic coordination)
· Be able to operate and troubleshoot equipment and stay current with new technologies & techniques in video production.
· Work alongside interns, video production students from Emily Griffith Technical College, and DPS high school students in after-school activities.
· Software utilized in this position;
· Adobe Creative Suite
· Tools on Air and/or Tight Rope Media Systems suite for broadcast automation (Cablecast)
· Scheduling and facilities management software (Farmers Wife)
· Zoom and Skype for video teleconferencing, LiveStream for live streaming.
· Equipment utilized:
· Video cameras; Sony, Canon, Panasonic cameras from professional to pro-sumer.
· Audio; various profession audio mixers from 3 channels to 32 channels, Sennheiser wireless mics, various studio microphones, digital recorders.
· Lighting; Studio and EFP, studio professional lighting board with full lighting grid.
· Studio and Field Recording and mixing of video; Tricaster video mixers, professional video and audio processing equipment.
· Satellite; Downlink equipment with steerable dishes.
· Video Conferencing/LiveStreaming: Cisco, LifeSize HD, HuddlecamHD, PTZOptics, interactive audio and video.
Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
· 5 years experience in media production.
· BA, certificate or equivalent work experience in the media production.
· Experience on Tricaster or similar device, switching live and recorded programming a plus.
· Previous work in an educational setting preferred.
Previous experience shooting, editing, producing video for PR/marketing preferred.
About Emily Griffith Technical College
Emily Griffith Technical College, a division of Denver Public Schools, is Colorado's most unique public college. We offer an extensive curriculum including nearly 50 certificate programs and 500 courses. We have established a reputation for being one of the region's most diverse learning environments assisting more than 1.6 million students since our inception.
The Emily Griffith Technical College was founded nearly 100 years ago, and we still use the motto coined by Emily Griffith herself: For all who wish to learn and expand their horizons and chart their own course for success. We are looking for individuals that demonstrate and share the DPS Core Values of Integrity, Equity, Accountability, Collaboration, Fun and putting Students First. Come join the DPS team at Emily Griffith Technical College and make an impact at a great organization!