CATMEDIA, Inc. is looking for fresh, talented, innovative Videographer-Editors to join our growing team. CATMEDIA crafts and produces creative solutions that includes: videos, animations, social media, photography, mobile, presentations, print materials, and web.
This role requires a creative and strategic mind; and a passion for storytelling, technical skills, and craftsmanship. We are seeking candidates who are open and inventive, are not afraid of problem-solving, are reliable, and who want our clients to succeed.
The ideal candidate should be able to produce, shoot, and edit compelling videos. The position requires candidates to perform all phases of video production, including development, lighting, shooting, editing, audio production, and graphics. The position is part of an integrated Creative Services group. Collaboration with and support of this team is essential.
We are seeking candidates with a fresh visual style/pacing and understanding of new technologies. Candidates should thrive in an often fast-paced, deadline driven environment. We are looking for talented people with a creative edge and experience with HD videography and non-linear editing; candidates who work quickly, are detail-oriented, and who excellent problem-solving abilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
Strong candidates have competencies in broadcast-quality production functions involving development, shooting, lighting, directing, and AV capture:
- Meet with clients, assess needs, and develop concepts from those meetings
- Produce videos of various run times
- Work with HD video cameras, lighting, and audio techniques and equipment operation
- Knowledge of “taped” and “live” production
- Working knowledge of setting up lighting for studio/set and location videography
- Captures raw footage of on-camera interviews; action shots; B-roll shots
- Ability to exercise sound judgment when necessary and conduct interviews
- File Management
- Video Currency Reviews
- Talent Releases/Copyright
- Scripting/Copywriting - proof and edit for messaging effectiveness
- Interacts with clients and team in a professional manner
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail
- shooting video in breaking news and other situations
- Makes creative video editing decisions to fit the client’s look and feel: selects and combines shots into sequences
- Selects sound effects, music, and sweetens audio create a finished video
- Applies technical aptitude for production
- Color correction and image control
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications, journalism, film and television, media production, multimedia or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- A stellar portfolio that shows a variety of styles and professional work
- A minimum of 2 years of applicable experience
- Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere, Photoshop, and After Effects
- Ability to pass a basic background check.
- Ability to manage studio, technologies, and equipment
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and to bend and lift up to 50lbs.
- Valid driver's license and a good driving record
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word/PowerPoint/Excel)
- Work in a Mac OS X environment, and have some experience in Windows PC systems
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
- Have a critical eye for composition, style, lighting, and setting
- Voice-over experience is a plus
- Be able to change direction at a moment's notice, multi-task, and possess excellent time management skillsMust be a self-starter and creative problem solver
- Highly motivated and organized in an active environment
- Have the energy and ability to meet defined deadlines with high-quality work.
- Partner on a cross-functional team to execute and deliver superior digital experiences
- Remain enthusiastic and committed to staying on top of cutting-edge creative work
- Share creative ideas and be open to feedback.
- Work independently while also contributing in a collaborative environment, and possess a strong willingness to learn and collaborate.
- Deliver strong communication and social skills
- Meet with clients to assess needs and develop concepts/storyboards from those meetings
- Adhere to industry standards and proactive eager approach to work
- Perform copy writing and/or copy-editing functions on all work
This is a full time permanent position. Health and welfare benefits are available. Group health, vision and dental insurance is available.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $14.70 /hour
- Video Production: 2 years
- Videographer: 2 years
- Video Editing: 2 years