Assistant Director of Audiovisual Services
Reports to: Director of Audiovisual Services
Five-Star AudioVisual is a leading provider of cutting-edge event technologies, including audio, video and lighting solutions. With an extensive focus on hospitality, we strive to provide each client and partner with premier customer service. It is our objective to turn your ideas into a five star spectacle.
Responsible for assisting the Director in the overall management of the audiovisual office in accordance with established company policy and procedures. Contribute to the set-up, operation and strike of all audiovisual sets. Ensure the maximum in client service, operational efficiency and profitability levels.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Significantly contribute to the effective management of day to day operations according to company procedures
- Timely and accurate set-up and strike of equipment for client functions according to company guidelines
- Effectively manage the sub-rental of equipment to ensure client need and office profitability
- Manage on-site inventory according to company standards
- Continually increase audiovisual skills and knowledge
- Maximize revenue potential
- Actively maintain and cultivate positive public relations with Hotel account
- Maintain positive employee relations
- Effectively utilize the company’s business software
- Ensure client billing is completed accurately and on-time
- Other related duties as required or assigned
- Planning Skills – able to effectively plan ahead
- Organization Skills – ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Problem Analysis – Ability to breakdown problems and find solutions
- Strong customer focus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High School Diploma or GED Required. (Bachelor’s Degree is preferred)
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the Audiovisual Industry.
- Advanced Knowledge and experience with Audiovisual set-ups
- Exceptional customer service or hospitality experience required.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record are required to operate Company vehicle.
- Certification in Audiovisual technology or related courses (preferred).
Required Technical Skills (minimum)
- Audio - Microphones, Speakers, Sound Systems, Channel Mixers etc.
- Video - LCD, LED, Projectors, Monitors etc.
- Lighting – Uplighting, GOBO, GELS, Basic Lighting Kits etc.
- Computers – Advances proficiency in Microsoft office and Outlook