Outline of Role:
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) is working to improve user experiences based at our state of the art Research and Development in Portland, OR, this involves development and testing a range of features within the company product offerings. This further involves growing the supply base to work with consumer electronics, apps and web concepts. The Oregon Software Technology Center (OSTC) currently operating in two buildings and expanding to a third.
We are seeking a Audio Visual Technician to support:
- Cross company Proof of Concept (PoC) delivery for infotainment features
- Rapidly iterating and developing concepts onto the Linux based platforms
- Collaboration with local and international open source communities and developers
- Collaboration with partner companies and external suppliers to create new concepts for automotive infotainment
- Day to day running of the AV systems that support developers and management in Proof of Concept delivery
- OSTC event and presentation AVIT needs with AV hardware support, installation, and testing
- Design and integration of hardware into engineering vehicles as proofs of concept
- Maintenance and control of highly-integrated, IP linked, audio and video systems
- Location and studio based recording and audio editing of professional video productions by the Media Team.
The AVIT team works together to handle reliable access to the audio and video systems in all rooms in all three JLR OSTC buildings. This includes monitoring for issues and installing upgrades of hardware and software. The Audio Visual Technician will additionally train and support staff who need assistance to learn about use or access of the equipment.
Other responsibilities include:
- Video systems, including 4k projectors and displays in all zones
- Device benchmarking and testing of consumer and professional electronics, in and out of vehicles
- Ensuring software is up to date, and hardware is in working order
- Provide internal and external customer service to presenting guests, trainers, meeting and events
- Understand the scope of the needs for AVIT equipment and the needs of OSTC and work with manager to forecast and ensure future needs met
- Work with suppliers and vendors to assist with and direct them to repair and/or maintain equipment in the facilities
- Engage with external suppliers and guests who will access the facilities
- Periodically work flex work hours to attend and support events outside of normal business hours.
Key Criteria for Role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Business Management, OR equivalent work experience with AV Support or related fields
- Excellent Communication and Presentation skills in English – additional languages are a plus
- Experience in directly working with development teams
This position is responsible to transport, install, lift arrange, or rearrange equipment on a regular basis.
- Be able to climb a ladder, push and pull a cart with supplies
- Some lifting up and over your head up to 50 pounds with some frequency.
- Walk, sit and stand at regular intervals
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.