Festival Production Assistant
Sundance Film FestivalPark City, UT
Full Time Job
Dates Worked: 10/30/2017-2/23/2018
Considerations: This position works full time out of our Park City, UT office. Additionally, role is lodged in Park City during the January Film Festival (lodging requirement determined annually). Position is also required to work extended hours (evenings, weekends, some holidays) during key points and must be willing and available to respond to on-call needs as assigned. A high level of mobility and strength is required as well as an ability to drive and deliver safely in winter road conditions.
Position Summary: Assists with production department operations and logistics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists with inventorying, cleaning, and organizing storage units, equipment, etc. as directed.
• Completes and maintains accurate storage unit paperwork.
• Runs errands, performs purchases, and distributes materials, supplies, food, equipment, etc. throughout Park City, Salt Lake City, and other locations.
• Tracks all receipts, petty cash, and change and ensures cash and receipts are returned daily.
• Tracks and returns department radios, cell phones, and accessories.
• Executes load-ins/outs and set up/teardowns of Festival venues, theatres, events, and offices.
• Constructs poster kiosks, ramps, and other light construction projects as directed.
• Installs and removes interior and exterior Festival signs.
• Addresses and resolves production issues as they arise and escalates issues to manager as necessary.
• Maintains clean and refueled Festival vehicles at all times.
• Assists with returning vehicles, performing daily propane refueling runs, and snow removal.
• Completes a comprehensive written wrap report as directed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Legal authorization to work in the United States.
• Valid driver's license and successful completion of DMV background check.
• 1 year production or related experience.
• Working knowledge of databases along with proficiency in Microsoft and Google Products.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide variety of people.
• Excellent organizational skills including self management of work schedule ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work an intense schedule, including late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays.
• Able to move and lift items that weigh 50-75 lbs chest high.
, Experience and Skills:
• Basic carpentry and painting skills preferred.