Job Posting: Audio Visual Technician ilani Posting Date: 1/30/2018
Reports to: AV Technical Production Manager Ridgefield, WA Open Until: 2/06/2018
Pledge for Success:
We are dedicated in hiring outstanding individuals who share in our commitment and passion in serving our guests. Ambition, dedication, attention to detail, and a warm smile are all winning characteristics that lead to the spirit of who we are.
The A/V Technician’s role is to support and maintain in-house audio-visual equipment and non-print media assets, including audio/lighting equipment for ilani’s Event Center, as well as ilani house audio-visual in gaming areas, owned bars, restaurants and retail outlets. This includes operating audio mixers and microphones, video switchers, projectors and cameras, as well as computers with multi-media presentation software. Technician will also hang and focus lighting fixtures, assemble and hang trussing and able to safely operate a scissor lift.
Responsibilities and Duties
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides superior guest service.
- Operation of break-out room sets and exhibit floors, servicing end clients and presenters, ensuring smooth meeting flow, and assisting with break-out rooms, re-sets, and strikes.
- Loading and unloading of trucks, setting up, and striking of equipment.
- Responsible for supporting house audio and video systems throughout the property.
- Set up, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot audio visual equipment.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, texts and/or e-mails regarding A/V software/hardware problems.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of A/V hardware problems for a variety of end users.
- Document instances of A/V equipment failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Troubleshoot A/V issues using the appropriate testing tools; make repairs as necessary.
- This position is responsible for the strict adherences to the Information Technology Department compliance policies, internal control procedures, Washington Gaming Control Board control specifications and the Casino’s policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Audio Engineering or a related field and two (2) years of experience as an A/V Technician OR
- Four (4) years of progressive Audio/Video experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Washington State gaming license
- Requires weekend and shifted work including some early mornings and late nights.
- Technical knowledge of audio, video, lighting, and multimedia presentation software.
- Technical knowledge of protocols such as DMX, Dante, and general networking skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team with positive attitude and professional appearance.
- Hands-on A/V equipment troubleshooting experience.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Ability to pass comprehensive background check including drug screening.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. safely.
- Self-motivated and directed, keen attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving abilities and able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Job Type: Full-time