Leadpages is a Minneapolis, MN-based early-stage tech company that’s changing the way businesses do marketing, lead generation, and conversion rate optimization online. With a growing team that works closely together, we move fast and enjoy what we do.
As a Marketing Intern, you will get a crash course in multiple areas of digital marketing to further your education. You will be working in the Marketing department of an innovative Inc. 500 company that develops marketing software for small businesses and marketing teams. You will be responsible for assisting the marketing team in executing a wide array of marketing strategies.
This is an ideal opportunity for college juniors or seniors in marketing/entrepreneurship programs to gain real-world experience before graduation.
Come join the fun and build something great with us!
What you’ll do:
Your day-to-day responsibilities will shift and grow but to start with, you will:
- Assisting with marketing promotional activities including mobile, e-mail, web, and advertising
- Developing social media content for the company; monitor industry social media accounts
- Maintaining databases and spreadsheets, and analyzing for patterns
- Updating landing pages, and helping with the mechanics of sending marketing emails
- Be a part of strategic design, writing, and editing projects for Leadpages including for the company blog and website
- Setting up webinar promotions and editing audio/video
- Helping with public relations initiatives such as building media lists, monitoring outlets for company and competitor coverage, assisting in writing pitches and press releases
- Providing support with search engine optimization strategies
But wait! There's more!!
- This is a paid internship with a competitive rate of $17/hr.
- The position is part-time: Monday - Friday, 20-25 hours a week. A preferred schedule would include Monday AM and Wednesday AM to ensure you’re available for team/company-wide meetings.
- Start and end dates are flexible, but February 5 - May 25 is ideal, with a possibility for an extension for the summer semester.
- Located in the booming neighborhood of the North Loop in Downtown Minneapolis.
What you’ve done:
You have a unique combination of skills, talents, and mindset, including:
- Complete tasks with speed and accuracy.
- Fast learner, willing to dig into areas you aren’t familiar with and become proficient with minimal hand-holding—including new software tools.
- Have experience in writing, whether it be drafting emails or even a press release or blog post
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Top-notch analytical skills; you’re happy digging into reports and comfortable crunching numbers
- The flexibility and endurance to handle swiftly-moving schedules and deadlines
- Interest in and rapidly growing skills in a variety of marketing categories, including blogging & writing, email marketing, graphics, video, social media, public relations, advertising, promotions, landing pages, metrics, and more
- Proficient in social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Skilled with spreadsheets and office documents, specifically Google Docs
- Bonus: Familiar (and willing to learn more about) software tools like Keynote, ScreenFlow, Leadpages, and Drip.
- Bilingual fluency is a plus!
Who you are:
- You are an energetic and motivated contributor who can roll up your sleeves and get things done.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where change is the only constant.
- Executing flawlessly on step-by-step instructions is a specialty of yours.
- You are able to give laser-focus to any task you set your sights on.
- Being detail-oriented isn’t a sound bite for you but one of your genuine strengths.
Who we are:
Leadpages was thrilled to make #297 on the 2017 Inc. 5000 list (we were #3 in Minnesota) and to be named a Star Tribune Top Workplace for the past three years in a row! To learn more about the teams that have helped us achieve these honors, we invite you to visit our Instagram and About pages.
We consider working for a successful early-stage tech company to be a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. You will work hard and face exciting challenges, but our positions come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. If you bring your ‘A game’ to the table, here’s what we’ll bring:
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- 2 (yes, two) work-from-home days per week
- A gorgeous, bright office, conveniently located in Downtown Minneapolis
- A fully-stocked snack bar and drink fridge to keep you fueled
- Relocation reimbursement, as needed. Please note that residence in or relocation to Minneapolis / St. Paul, MN is our one non-negotiable.
- The chance to learn from some of the best people in the business, including our fiercely compassionate leadership team
- Career development isn’t just idle chit-chat but a tangible outcome of our robust People & Culture function In 2016, we were overjoyed to give promotions to 27% of our stellar employees.
- Challenging and meaningful problems to solve - you will invariably make a difference and impact
- A vibrant and devoted team, who still finds time for fun
- Finally, no politics and no jerks
At Leadpages, we strive to create an inclusive workplace that upholds the dignity of all people. We value, respect, and celebrate everyone’s individualities and honor their unique strengths from all different walks of life. We believe that embracing the diversity of thought and perspective encourages collaboration that leads to product (and people!) innovation, diverse products and a successful business.
Sound like you?
To apply, please submit your tailored resume (using the “Apply” or “Submit Resume” button), a link to your LinkedIn profile. Also submit a cover letter explaining your current marketing skills, some skills you’re hoping to develop during this internship, and why you feel you are a fit for this position. We won’t be able to individually respond to all applicants, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch within 5 business days. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!