The Walker Methodist Foundation is responsible for raising funds to support our residents through our award winning programs and services. The Social Media & Marketing Intern will be a part of a team that supports our number one fundraiser – a 5k/10k race on June 2, 2018. This is a part time paid internship position (10-15 per week) during the school year and at least 16 hours/week during summer. This position will be responsible for setting up the event Facebook page, social media posts, designing flyers and assisting with overall marketing of the race.
During summer months following the event, this would be a paid part time job developing newsletter content, social media content. Opportunities to learn Hubspot, Concrete 5, Raiser’s Edge and more.
- Assist in developing and execution of social media strategies
- Draft, manage and monitor social media graphics and campaigns for various audiences
- Track and report website and media analytics
- Draft and edit writing projects as assigned including marketing emails, website copy, etc.
- Design community fundraising marketing materials and support team leaders
- Provide on site support the date of the race
- Engage runners to participate in race through segmentation of social media, facebook ads, Instagram, etc.
- Upper level undergraduate preferred
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Experience in social media channels especially facebook, twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat
- Excellent organizational skills – project management skills, detail oriented
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator)
- Good problem solving skills
- Experience with shooting and editing promotional video
- Interest in working with older adult
Paid internship and hourly pay for summer
Begin date: February – May – internship, June- August – summer employment
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer