|Morrie’s Automotive Group is seeking a marketing events intern to assist the corporate marketing team with a variety of events and initiatives between the months of May and September. Sure, there are a large number of internships out there you could apply for, but we’re confident none will offer the excitement this one offers. That is as long as you are into cars.
In addition to supporting with planning and execution of Morrie’s experiential events such as MNC&C and Morrie’s Teen Driving School the intern will be highly involved with the expansion of Morrie’s Heritage Car Connection (MHCC), Morrie’s classic car rental program. Amongst the many other tasks you will get paid to be around, talk about and even drive some pretty cool cars. That’s not a bad deal.
Beyond having an interest in cars, an ability to talk about them and a general willingness to collaborate there are a number of other elements associated with the internship, as you’ll see below.
Assist with event logistics
Onsite Event Support
- Assist with planning of existing and potential marketing events both at the corporate level and at the individual store level
- Coordinate procurement of supplies in advance of events
- Assist in the packing for and marketing setup at events
- Shuttle supplies to and from events when applicable
Marketing Team Support
- Attend a variety of marketing events ranging from MNC&C to Morrie’s Teen Driving School to Race Viewing events at Morrie’s Heritage Car Connection.
- Most of our events are on weekends. If you’re not willing or able to regularly work weekends this internship probably isn’t for you, especially if you are averse to working up early.
- Interact and engage with event attendees, clients and passersby. This will include asking people to sign up for contests, newsletters and other marketing initiatives
- Supplement team’s social media activities where applicable
- Coordinate the distribution of contest prizes associated with marketing events and campaigns
- Contribute to weekly marketing meetings
- Assist with photo and video support where necessary
- Contribute to Morrie’s various blogs as appropriate
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of the auto industry a must. Ability to drive a manual transmission is a bonus.
- Strong verbal communication skills a must
- Candidate should be outgoing and completely comfortable striking up conversations with complete strangers
- Candidates should be well-organized, able to handle multiple assignments, and have clear communication skills
- Current enrollment in a marketing, advertising, journalism or communications program preferred
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must have a clean driving record
- You must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
This is a paid internship requiring 30-40 hours of work per week