Type: Part-Time – Up to 20 hours per week
Reports to: Audience Services Director
Purpose of Position: The FOH Box Office Associate serves as the primary point of contact for all patrons at Penumbra Theatre, whether via phone or in person. The primary focus of this position involves customer service – ticket sales or exchanges, patron communication and ensuring the theater experience at Penumbra is memorable.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Customer Service – Interaction with theater patrons to ensure their needs are met and their theater experience is memorable.
- Box Office & Ticket Sales - Entails learning and understanding ticket sales systems, retrieving phone messages, returning phone calls, answering email questions, and reconciling money and reports at the end of the day. Tickets are purchased over the phone, as well as online or in person.
- Concession Sales – Set up and sell concessions. Generate sales reports and reconcile all money at the end of the day.
- House Manager – Ensure the safety and comfort of patrons attending events, manage volunteer ushers and generate house reports.
- Pleasant speaking voice and strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to perform multiple tasks and follow directions
- Strong computer skills
- Must be team player
- Able to work without immediate supervision and make sound choices
- Must be flexible in work hours; evenings and weekends required
- Must be able to count money and make change