Location: Minnesota - Twin Cities
City: Minneapolis, MN
Type: Full Time
Category: Facilities and maintenance
Salary: $13.00 - $14.75 per hour, +competitive benefits
Reports to: Safety and Security Manager
The Guthrie Theater engages exceptional theater artists in the exploration of both classic and contemporary plays connecting the community we serve to one another and to the world. Through its extraordinary artists, staff and facility, the Guthrie is committed to the people of Minnesota, and from its place, rooted deeply in the Twin Cities, influences the field as a leading 21st century arts organization.
Every year more than 500 people, both on stage and off, help ensure our success in creating and supporting the highest level of theater. As an organization, we are committed our values of Artistic Excellence, Community, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, and Fiscal Responsibility.
The Security Guard position is responsible for the safety and security of assets, property, personnel, patrons, customers, and all visitors of the Guthrie Theater by monitoring and patrolling the theater premises, and responding to incidents in a calm and professional demeanor at all times. Compensation for this full-time position is non-exempt and ranges from $13.00 – $14.75 per hour. The hours of this position will be 3:00pm – 11:00pm Monday through Friday.
• Perform security patrols to ensure the protection of property from trespassing, fire, accidents, vandalism and other security related incidents, reporting any unlawful or suspicious activity through established company procedures.
• Monitor access to premises and property including personnel, visitors, and patrons
• Work with Visitor Services staff to assist patrons, visitors, and staff in public areas; such as, answering general questions, crowd control and ensure all request for Accessibility Services are fulfilled.
• Resolve situations calmly with tact and common sense – including, but not limited to warning, apprehension and/or eviction of violators from premises if warranted. Duties include notifying the appropriate municipal departments (IE: fire, police, emergency responders) when necessary
• Respond to emergencies and administer First Aid/CPR/AED when appropriate and necessary
• Ability to communicate, both verbally and in written form to complete required documentation of Daily Activity Report and written Incident Reports.
• Answer phone calls, take messages, and assist vendors to ensure effective communication to Guthrie staff.
• Other duties as needed or assigned.
Qualifications or requirements
• One or more years of security related experience, or a combination of equivalent experience and training.
• Must possess or be willing to obtain certifications in First Responder/First Aid/CPR/AED.
• Ability to work with independently as well as with a team atmosphere.
• Ability to contribute to a positive visitor experience.
• Ability to respond quickly to a wide variety of requests for emergency and non-emergency assistance.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and able to resolve problems that may affect large volumes of people.
• Ability to demonstrate good judgment under pressure or in stressful situations.
• Requires the ability to work all shifts including day, power, afternoon, overnight, weekends, weekdays and holidays.
• Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.
• Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
• Must be able to work 3:00pm-11:00pm Monday – Friday.
The Guthrie Theater is located in the historic Mill District along the Mississippi River in Minneapolis, Minnesota. As the largest city in the state, Minneapolis offers a large variety of parks, lakes, great food, festivals, malls and more.
WHY SHOULD I APPLY?
Be a part of a leading non-profit organization that is committed to serving not only the local Twin Cities community (you betcha!) but the industry as a whole. Did we forget to mention the sidewalks in the sky, winter makes you stronger, and top-notch employee benefits?
HSA & dependent care options
Dental & vision
Flexible Spending Account
Long Term Disability
Short Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
403(b) with employer match up to 4.5% after one year of service
Subsidized passes for Metro Transit buses and trains
Discounted pre-tax monthly ramp parking
Discounted bike locker rental
Discounted Nice Ride annual membership
Paid Time Off
To Guthrie productions
To all shows produced by the Guthrie
To some performances hosted by the Guthrie
Classes and Camps
Discounts to Guthrie classes and camps
Other Employee Perks
Guthrie Store discount
Costume Rentals discount
Admission to opening night parties
Discounted Level Five Café and Express dining
Frequent Sea Change restaurant discounts
How to apply
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position:
• Cover letter
• References (3 total)
The Guthrie is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Posting expires: Mar 09, 2018