Hennepin County Library (HCL) is seeking teens ages 16-19 to join our Best Buy Teen Tech Squad (BBTTS) and help facilitate creative learning experiences in digital media with kids and teens (ages 12-19) at the Best Buy Teen Tech Center at the Minneapolis Central Library. BBTTS members will focus on using technology for creative expression.
BBTTS members work approximately 8-10 hours per week during evening and some weekend hours.
HCL's mission is to nourish minds, transform lives, and build community together. We envision a Hennepin County where library services ensure every person has the opportunity and resources to read, graduate, engage, work and learn.
The primary duties and responsibilities of these positions include:
- Facilitate creative learning experiences focused on technology for kids and teens at the Best Buy Teen Tech Center.
- Guide participants through hands on and project based activities.
- Promote creative expression by cultivating a safe and open environment for participants to create and share.
- Work with other Best Buy Teen Tech Center staff to develop, lead, demonstrate, trouble-shoot, and instruct others in the creation of multimedia projects and learning activities.
- Learn how to use music, video production, photo-editing, and 3D printing software such as LogicPro, Adobe Premier, Protools, Photoshop, and Tinkercad.
- Learn and use techniques for facilitating creative expression in a collaborative and informal learning setting.
- Set up before and clean up after programs.
Best Qualified Candidates must be teens between the ages of 16-19 years old (must be 16 by October 1, 2017) and will have:
- Access to reliable transportation to get to Minneapolis Central Library.
- Experience working with children and/or teens in a work or volunteer setting.
- Experience using technology to create something or to do something.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to:
- Attend training on the second Saturday of each month.
- Work from 4 - 8:15 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Lift up to 25 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Adapt to a dynamic workplace.
- Work as part of a team.
- Work in a diverse community setting.
- Curiosity and an interest in technology, math, science, music, art, video, and/or writing.
- Desire to share skills and interests with others.