Minnesota Fringe’s mission is to connect adventurous artists with adventurous audiences. Fringe is preparing for it’s 25th annual Fringe Festival, and the inaugural year of Family Fringe, both taking place August 2-12, 2018. As the largest performing arts festival in the Midwest, Fringe fills 50,000 seats with audiences viewing dozens of works and hundreds of performances by more than 1,000 artists on a variety of stages in late summer.
Fringe seeks creative, dynamic self-starters to join our team as seasonal Front of House Staff for the 2018 Festival season. Fringe is hiring one (1) Volunteer Coordinator, two (2) Front of House Coordinators, three (3) Front of House Supervisors, and approximately twenty-six (26) House Managers.
|Location: Twin Cities Metro||Activity Area: Arts, Culture and Humanities|
|Category: Volunteer Management||Closing Date: open until filled|
|Job Type: Part Time||Salary: DOE and on position|
- Partner with front of house team and Audience & Volunteer Services (AVS) Director to prepare all necessary front of house festival materials for the festivals
- Carry out front of house policies and procedures
- Communicate with volunteers via phone, email, and in-person
- Manage and delegate tasks as appropriate to venue volunteers and/or other staff
- Assist AVS Director in supervising front of house staff and volunteers
- Manage lines and direct large crowds of people
- Troubleshoot technical issues with FOH equipment and software (e.g. iPads, Square)
- Calmly find solutions for issues that arise with patrons/volunteers/artists/producers
- Interact with patrons, including answering questions and fielding concerns
- For job-specific duties, please visit our website
- Assist volunteers with box office, handle cash, and credit card transactions
- Handle box office reconciliation forms and reporting requirements for each performance; filling out daily reports and communicating issues with office staff
- Carry out daily opening & closing procedures during the festival
- Ability to manage people and enforce Fringe policies
- Ability to work pleasantly under pressure
- Excellent leadership skills
- Superb customer service skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Comfortable with math, counting cash, and reconciling box office numbers
- Ability to multitask, be flexible, and work independently
- Punctual and organized
- Reliable transportation (access to a car is preferred)
- Ability to work long hours and late nights
- Previous experience in house management, other related customer-facing roles, or as a Fringe Volunteer a plus
- Knowledge and/or interest in theatre and performing arts a plus
For more detailed job information, please visit our website
- Volunteer Coordinator: May 14th - August 13th; $2600-$3000 (DOE)
- Front of House Coordinators: June 11th - August 13th; $2000-$2400 (DOE)
- Front of House Supervisors: July 28th - August 13th; $1250-$1350 (DOE)
- House Managers: July 28th - August 12th; $11-$13/hr (DOE) plus a training stipend
- Seasonal staff hours may fall on weekdays, evenings, and/or weekends.
- Seasonal staff must attend two training sessions on July 28th and July 31st.
- Staff will receive a Staff Pass for the 2018 Festival to see free shows ($220 value).